Sunday, February 14, 2010

Day 45

ISO 200, 80mm, f/4.0, 1/320 sec.

Day 45 - Billy Goats Gruff

It is lambing season and with the beautiful green fields, I was really looking for a field of sheep.

During our drive, we drove past three goats. They were deep in the field laying on the ground. I grabbed to 200mm and headed for the fence, but they were really too far away and the day itself was dark and overcast.

Heading back to the car, I noticed a man watching me from his driveway. Once again, I waved and smiled and asked if they were his goats. They were and the conversation began.

I told him they were a little to far away for a successful shot and he asked if I wanted them closer. Hello! He walked back across the highway, retrieved some goat grain and called for the girls. This pretty lady, was ready for a snack.

We didn't catch the man's name, but do know that he moved here from Texas a few years ago. His field was covered in blackberries, so he got a couple of goats.

Note to self, there wasn't a blackberry bush in sight, time to get a goat.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful photo, beautiful tale. Thank you for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete