Friday, April 23, 2010

Day 113

ISO 100, 100mm macro, f/9.0, 30.0 sec.

Day 113 - Smoke & Mirrors

I decided it was time to light up the incense again tonight and see what I could do.

First lesson I learned, incense in a small bathroom without much ventilation is worse than peeling onions.

I hung my dark robe over the door, set up the incense in front of the mirror and used an off-camera flash directly to the left of the smoke this time.

I turned off all of the lights in the room and found that with a 30 sec. shutter speed the robe was total black.

I shot towards the mirror focusing on the smoke and got a soft reflection in the mirror.

2 comments:

  1. Like the smoke's reflection in the mirror. It's a bit eerie though ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work, thanks for sharing the how-to on this shot.

    ReplyDelete