Thursday, May 27, 2010

Day 147

ISO 100, 100 mm, f/2.8, 1/80 sec.

Day 147 - Coming Soon

The calla lily is probably one of my favorite late spring/early summer flowers and ours is jus about to bloom.

This guy was a bit of a challenge tonight. It's really windy and the plant is right up against our white house. We have an oak barrel in that same garden, so I had to be a bit of a contortionist to get the oak barrel as a dark background. I was not inclined to set up the lighting outside and this is what I got almost standing on my head trying every setting the camera offered.

3 comments:

  1. Haha, the things we do to try to capture the perfect image. There have been many a morning you'll find me lying on the sidewalk trying to get the perfect angle for a flower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this composition on the calla lily. Nice details and I like the background.

    I guess we the photographers are contortionists sometime or the other looking for that perfect angle/composition ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, you do an awesome job almost "standing on your head" LOL
    Love the bokeh color/background. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete