Monday, June 20, 2011

Day 535 - Against all odds

ISO 200, 105mm, f/6.3, 1/60 sec

Calla lillies are probably my favorite flower. I love the simplicity of the blossom and the gentle curves.

Years ago, my father-in-law planted this in our garden. When I moved in with Karen, I dug it up and brought it with me.

This plant is a survivor and so forgiving. I'm a terrible gardener. I never water, never feed and never ever weed. It's a target for slugs and yet, when I looked out the window this evening, it had two perfect blossoms.

3 comments:

  1. I absolutely love your blog. I found it from another members page. Your images are beautiful! I'm still learning so I find your photography very inspiring! I checked out a lot of your post and I liked every single one! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! The subtlety of the light - magic!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always loved callas, too! That is one lovely capture. I think there's something really enduring about those plants that we take with us. I have some plants here that we've collected from various family members' homes that we loved. Now that many of them have passed away, the plants have greater value to me.

    ReplyDelete