Sunday, August 8, 2010

Day 220 - Goodbye my trusted friend

ISO 100, 200mm, f/5.6, 1/640 sec.

Day 220 - Goodbye my trusted friend

I had planned to keep my 50D as a back-up, but after spending the day on Friday with my new camera, I knew in my heart of hearts that the 50D would sit wrapped up in her original box and probably never see the light of day again.

Yesterday I put her and my lovely 70-200mm F/4 lens up on Craigslist. Today I met a delightful young man at the pond who wants to spend some quality time with them. I only hope he loves them and learns as much from them as I did.

This was the last image I will ever take with 50D and my beloved long lens.

Daily Shoot: Challenge: Sympathy can be difficult to express in words. Make an image suitable for the cover of a condolence card.

4 comments:

  1. Awesome shot and bittersweet story! I would give my 50D up for your new camera as well! Sadly sometimes we have to part ways with our older trusted models or they collect dust.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely story but I think it is awesome that you found a home for your baby and now you can enjoy your new child.

    This shot is perfect or the daily shoot, you have such a great way of telling a story with your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, it's so sad yet so delightful!
    I can totally relate. I have one that I doubt I'll ever use again but it was my first love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great shot of the dragonfly! I hope you enjoy your new camera!!

    ReplyDelete