Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Day 111

ISO 100, 100mm macro, f/4.0, 1/640 sec.

Day 111 - Poof

The 100mm macro lens and I had a few bonding moments with yesterday's dandelion this afternoon. Scoping out the best poofy head I could find, I spent a little quality time looking for an angle.

Loved the look of the "take-off".

ISO 100, 100mm macro, f/2.8, 1/800 sec.

But decided I liked the green background better. Then I discovered while laying on the ground using my elbows for a tripod, that changing the focal point was quite entertaining.

At first I focused on the outside edges.

ISO 100, 100mm macro, f/2.8, 1/1250 sec.

And then, I took it to the inside. They do remind me somewhat of a sperm commercial. Yuck.

ISO 100, 100mm macro, f/2.8, 1/500 sec.

I laid there and played with the same dandelion head for a long time, focusing here, blurring there... until a greyhound discovered that I was laying in the grass.

End of session, this is all that was left of my dandelion beneath the dancing paws.

3 comments:

  1. Nice work. Macro are fun, aren't they?
    I like the 3rd one out of the 4. I like the sharpness on the edges and softness towards the center.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful shots... looks like you spent quite some time with these!

    ReplyDelete