Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Day 286

ISO 100, 105, mm, f/10, 1/60 sec.

Day 286 - Caught in a web

This guy has built his home from the side mirror of the green truck to the entry gate that leads to our front door. His web is about face height and yes, you have guessed how I discovered him earlier this afternoon.

I must have really pissed him off because he almost immediately started tearing his web down after I set up the flashes. How was I supposed to know that 2 flashes on a spider web was unreasonable?

I had hoped to use a macro to take these pictures, but here's the short version of that story:

UPS left me an automated message this morning saying that my 100mm macro would be delivered today and that it needed a signature.

I worked from home, which is one of my favorite things to do, but as of 7:30 tonight no macro has arrived.

6 comments:

  1. You might want to check your doorstep. UPS/FedEx just love to throw things down on the doorstep and leave, not bothering to knock.

    This is a great shot! Really like how the flies are caught in the web.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photo. Sorry about the macro. If it makes you feel any better, "my" macro and I aren't speaking this evening.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Total awesomeness. I love this shot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like the spider is having a feast ;)

    Nice find and cool capture. May be you can educate us with the flash(es) setup for this shot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great shot! You are rock'n those flashes. Great detail captured.
    If he didn't want his picture taken why would he set up camp by your place? LOL
    Ugh about your macro lens. Maybe today?

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!!! Now how come I can't even get a good spider web shot and you pull out stuff like this?? LOL

    That is just an amazing shot Terri!~

    ReplyDelete