Thursday, September 2, 2010

Day 245 - Everything matters

ISO 400, 75mm, f/4.0, 1/60 sec.

Day 245 - Everything Matters

Today was a whirlwind, going the distance kind of day. I hit the classroom full speed ahead with Joe McNally at 8:15 am, managed to make it back to my room for about 30 minutes around 5 pm and back for the evening at 9:30 pm. I will be going home inspired and motivated more than I could have ever hoped for.

ISO 400, 47mm, f/4.0, 1/50sec.

Today, however, the instructors of NAPP really demonstrated how willing they are to go the distance.

The one thing I missed yesterday that bothered me more than anything else was the portfolio review. On a whim before I left my room this morning, I grabbed my portfolio. I stopped by the help desk, explained the situation and left my name and number.

Within two hours Helene Glassman called me back and told me where to meet her at 3:45. She met Laurie Excell at our rendezvous point and Laurie went off with me to review my portfolio. I can never thank them enough for taking the time to help me, and Laurie's review will be invaluable.

ISO 400, 96mm, f/4.0, 1/60 sec.

These three images were taken at Westcott's shootout, just one of the many booths on the Expo floor.

It's impossible to take everything in, but if you get the chance to go, I can honestly say it is all bang for your buck.

3 comments:

  1. Awesome!
    I'm glad you have found this worth your time and money.
    Great, great images.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terri these are amazing and I am so glad that you had such a wonderful experience!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent shots, the top one is my favorite. Glad you are enjoying yourself & getting good info.

    ReplyDelete