Thursday, November 4, 2010

Day 308

ISO 500, 100mm macro, f/11, 1/40 sec.

Day 308 - The day the earth erupted

When I went home at noon to run the hound dogs I noticed some really strange dirt beside the driveway.

Squirrels and jays are constantly burying their treasures and the neighbors cats frequently get confused about which yard they are in, so I just assumed that something had been buried.

I was so surprised to see how the mushrooms had lifted the ground around them.

ISO 320, 100mm macro, f/8.0, 1/40 sec.

The entire acre seems to be exploding with mushrooms. It's November 4, aren't they warm weather plants?

7 comments:

  1. Global climate change. Saw an ornamental pear in full bloom while the others next to it were slumbering away. Not supposed to bloom until January. Been crazy hot here. These are really great shots. Never seen a shot like that cluster. Seems like mushrooms just appear suddenly like magic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a "rich" photo! Makes me wonder how many mushrooms are down there ready to pop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this. I didn't have time to do anything fun today. Or tomorrow. Or Saturday. But you have really inspired me! Watch for a photo of an airplane wing on Saturday. That's all I'll be seeing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, those are some powerful mushrooms! That second photos is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Neat! I didn't know 'shrooms could be that strong.

    ReplyDelete