Monday, May 23, 2011

Day 508 - Name that flower

ISO 100, 100mm macro, f/6.3, 1/125 sec

Over the week-end I noticed a flowering tree at the back of the property that I had never seen before. The flowers are tiny, about the size of my thumb and I think I noticed them because the tree is covered.

I had a few minutes a lunch when I was running the hound dogs so I grabbed my macro lens and headed on back there.

I have no clue what kind of tree it is, but the blossoms certainly are pretty.

If anyone knows what it is, tell me, tell me... please?

5 comments:

  1. Yeah I have no idea what those flowers are called but very beautiful looking they are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Those are gorgeous! It almost looks like the color is painted on. I'm curious to know what they are, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, hope you find out

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't a clue, but a picture of some leaves, and even a shot of the whole tree might help. How tall is the tree? What shape? One main stem or many? What kind of bark, leaves, is it deciduous? Are the flowers fragrant?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like some sort of flowering crab apple blossom. Does the tree bear small fruit / berries, is a fairly small tree (8-10 feet)? If so, that's probably what it is.
    Beautiful capture!

    ReplyDelete