Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Day 152

ISO 100, 24-105mm, f/22, 10.0 sec.

Day 152 - The Zoomin' Rose

In honor of posting with my beloved 24-105 lens after a month of only the prime lens, I used my entire focal length from 24mm to 105mm for this rose.

Note the daily raindrop. I dodged wind gusts and passing storms to play tonight.

I used the tripod and shot from above rose so that I would have the grass as my background.

After some experimentation, I ended up using my smallest aperture, a slow shutter speed and the on camera flash to catch the rain drops before the rose started to move with the wind.

I did find that I was most successful starting at 24mm and ending at 105mm.

7 comments:

  1. I love this technique, I haven't been able to get this kind of result but you inspire me to keep trying. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great shot! I'll have to give this a try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun post. Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really great image! Really like the dynamism!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great image!! Thanks for sharing you technique!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool shot! It made me a little dizzy - it might be my meds though. :)

    ReplyDelete