Thursday, June 24, 2010

Day 175

ISO 100, 40 mm, f/22, 8.0 sec.

Day 175 - Another Journey

The closest Apple store to our house is located in the Bridgeport Village Mall, 32.4 miles from our home in the burbs of Portland.

They began selling the iPhone 4 today and Karen was bound and determined to have her very own. I had some comp time coming from work and I had no intention of replacing my current iPhone, I thought I was just going along to keep her company.

We were up at 2 am and standing in line at 4 am. A perfect opportunity for a few morning photos.

9.5 hours later we walked into the Apple store to purchase our phones. We had a blast. A temporary camaraderie was formed with the 4 am group. We spent our day laughing with the people in front of us and the people behind us. We held each others spots in line as one by one we would step out for a break. When we were next in line at the door we shared the ceremonial high five knowing our paths would probably never cross again.

Yes, I walked out of the Apple store with the new iPhone too. It completed the journey, having the new iPhone was just part of today's story.

5 comments:

  1. One of my dear friends has a similar experience only he stood in line 13 hours LMAO! He said remind me to NEVER to anything like that again.

    Love the shot and the story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations. I don't have that kind of patience. So kudos to you. I love the light flares.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on our new iPhone.

    As Dijea commented, I like the star like effect on the street lights.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the shot and the story and am jealous that you got an iPhone 4. Sure like to have one myself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your new I-Phone. I hear it's awesome. I don't have the patience either to wait in line that eary and that long. LOL
    Great image - love the star effect.

    ReplyDelete