Saturday, December 11, 2010

Day 345

ISO 800, 100mm macro, f/7.1, 1/60 sec.

Day 345 - A day without rain

Only in my dreams. Our day started out with a torrential down pour and lightened up to a steady drench.

On our way home this afternoon we drove by the wetlands and a full bush of rosehips begged me to come back.

I didn't think it was raining that hard, I ran home grabbed my macro and headed back. The wind was starting to pick up and by the time I walked over to the bush, it was raining pretty hard. Really no time to set up the tripod, so I took these hand-held.

ISO 200, 24mm, f/13, 4.0 sec.

Hoping for something a little more twinkly, we drove back to a business near downtown that is clearly spirited.

It never did stop raining and was still windy, but I was there and thought I would give this a try anyway.

Even when the skies are gray and dreary by daylight, they still turn that beautiful blue.

Now this is where the story gets interesting. You know the drill about extra cards, batteries...

I get the camera on the tripod, checked my settings and quickly realized I couldn't see a bloody thing. Yes, I had gone out of the house without my glasses. I felt like I was back in the dark ages shooting film.

So now, to the list of don't leave home without it, I will add bifocals.

6 comments:

  1. fantastic shot!!! both are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love the detail & reflections in the drops on the first shot. The second is absolutely lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the water drops and the bokeh in the first one and the second one is just so festive. I don't have the patience to decorate the outside too much.
    LOL on the glasses being forgotten. I always run out and forget something.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't you hate that when you're all excited and feel prepared and ready, then you realize something crucial is missing? That happened to me not that long ago, except what was missing were the camera batteries!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the first shot, the detail is so amazing and then of course the Christmas lights are just so beautiful. You cant' go wrong with that :) The whole street looks happy :)

    ReplyDelete