Sunday, April 10, 2011

Day 465 - Ye olde truck

ISO 200, 105mm, f/10, 1/60 sec

It's no secret, I love rust and an old vehicle by the side of the road will give me goose bumps. I believe this is a 1950 Chevy truck.

This little beauty was on a gravel road somewhere in Marion County. It was one of those drives, left or right, flip a coin.

Sadly, I have lost my edge and didn't want to go onto the property any further for different angles. This one is a beauty though. I'm guessing they must have hauled livestock in the handmade box... or maybe they followed the circus.

In any case, this was treasure to find.

5 comments:

  1. This is a great find! No broken windows and obviously was customized for a specific reason. Your photo clearly shows the truck's personality.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic find Terri! Gorgeous photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That photo is awesome. A nice truck a good contrast....I would bet a HDR process would suit the photo...

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is definitely a great find! It's fun speculating on what they might have done with it, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome find! I'm going with the circus story. LOL

    ReplyDelete