Sunday, April 17, 2011

Day 472 - Broken

ISO 100, 100mm, f/11, 1/8 sec

We were on our way to a memorial service this morning when we took a detour at Silver Falls State Park. We had extra time and we were just going to take a quick hike.

Two and half hours later, we hauled our butts out of the canyon. It was so beautiful. Not really sunny, but pleasantly overcast. A perfect day.

This is just one of the run-off streams. I don't think I have ever seen this much water. I suspect that by the middle of June, this stream will be totally dried up.

The broken rock doesn't have any moss on it and I wonder if it broke during the freezes we had this winter.

5 comments:

  1. So beautiful! You should sell posters. :)

    The break on the rock does look fresh - interesting shape on it, too. Is it Chert?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a beautiful waterfall! I can easily see us getting distracted in such a pretty place, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great shot! I love long exposure waterfall images. Very nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful waterfall, I am so looking forward to more spring like scenes :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow....beautiful...can't say more.....

    ReplyDelete