Monday, April 18, 2011

Day 473 - Three seasons

ISO 100, 24mm, f/22, 0.6 sec

On November 11 my friend Jeff from Cranial Aperture and I went up to Silver Falls State Park. We hiked down to the North Falls. Although I have been to Silver Falls many times, North Falls was a first for me and I was captivated by the beauty at the base of the falls.

ISO 100, 24mm, f/22, 0.3 sec

On January 1, during our below freezing temperatures, I thought it would be fun to go back up there and besides, Karen had not seen the North Falls either.

This was probably one of the most dangerous hikes I have ever taken. The trails were covered with slick ice. Icicles that occasionally let loose lined the walls of the canyon.

Still, I was bound and determined to see the North Falls in the dead of winter.

ISO 100, 19mm, f/22, 1/5 sec

Yesterday, April 17, we went up for an almost spring day hike.

The falls are a tad bit unique because the trail goes behind them. The roar of the water pouring down 136 ft. was almost deafening

5 comments:

  1. Those falls are beautiful in any weather! I love frozen waterfalls, they are just so majestic and unique. Those frosty plants and trees in the winter shot are so cool, but I love all the green, too. Will you go back in the summertime to complete the set?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Superb Shots! Just "discovered" you through a RT on Twitter..... I'm looking forward to returning and wandering through you site when I have more time! Kudos on some fine work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous shots. So cool that you have the three seasons from basically the same spot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great shots, and an awesome idea! Very creative.

    ReplyDelete